pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

USC Bricks

Just finished these USC bricks for a friend. It was a bit challenging getting the size to be so small and fit both of the charts that needed to go on it. Both of the charts I came up with myself on http://knittingpattern.p-jansson.com/. It was a really helpful chart maker, and after looking at a bunch, the one I liked most. Once I had the dimensions of the charts I came up with the rest of the pattern myself. After all of the pieces were made, I stitched them onto this plastic mesh I bought at Joann's in the needlepoint section. Then I stitched them together how I would normally stitch any knitting project. The only thing I would do differently would be to make maybe one more row around the whole project, then I did to make for better seaming. I made just enough to fit onto the mesh instead of having a little extra hanging off the edge of the mesh. If i had a little extra the seams could be a little smaller, less noticeable. Here are some pics of my work






Here is the chart I made for the USC logo.    

No comments:

Post a Comment