pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Large Wrap

I have been working on a large order for a client and I am now officially over half way done. The order is for four large wraps, and I just started on the third. I sent the client the first two and I am currently waiting for pics after he had them blocked. I am really glad to be completing these projects for him so he can give them to his family. 
The pattern I am using is: Guernsey Wrap by Jared Flood


Here is the first one completed in jade heather.


Here is the second completed in lilac.
I did run into a bit of a yardage discrepancy, which means I needed more yarn than the pattern stated. It really seams to depend on the yarn used but so far I have needed more.

First wrap: I found out that 630 yards, like the pattern states, is not going to be enough. I am already into my 3rd skein (660 yards) and have one more chart repeat to complete. So its probably going to be around 750 yards needed instead.
I ended up using almost all of the 4 skeins of patons classic wool worsted (840 yards), there is not much left maybe 50 yards.
Second wrap: I just finished my second wrap and it took less yards than the first wrap, but still more than the pattern states. I used almost all of 3 skeins of Shepherd’s wool, which is 750 yards total.
More pics and updates to come. Two more to go.


Here is the latest wrap I have completed and again I needed more yarn than the pattern stated.


Finally finished the last wrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment