pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cable Cowl

Pattern: Hot Times by tshep
    Made this cable knit cowl for a friends birthday gift, using this pattern :
http://knitshep.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/hot_times.pdf. I think it came out great, and want one for myself now. The only thing I didn't like was the cast on method, which was called crochet provisional cast on. When I make another, I will use a different provisional method instead. But other than that I enjoyed the pattern, it is only my second time doing cableing and I had no problems.

It ended up being approx 48in long.
 
The other thing I liked about this pattern is that you can wear it two ways. One is just draped around your neck like a scarf, and the other is doubled up like in the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment