pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Shark Pouch

Pattern: Shark Time Pouch byTamara Kelly
I am currently working this pouch, for some of my knitting and crochet tools that have filled up my current case. I was looking for a pattern on raverly, and couldnt help myself once I saw it. Link to the free pattern: http://www.mooglyblog.com/shark-time-pouch/ I have made a few alterations and will post details once it is completed. :D

Here he is all done!

I changed pattern for the tail, to make it look more like a shark.

Pattern for tail: G hook with worsted weight yarn
instead of ch 8 you break yarn and weave in end.
ch 24
  1. sl st in second loop from ch, sl st again, sc 2, hdc 2, dc 4, dc 2 in next st, trc 1, trc 2 in next 2 st, dc 1, dc 2 in next st, dc 1, hdc 2, sc 2, sl st in last st.
  2. ch 2 then going around clockwise sl st around(going into the origional ch 24) untill you get to the top point of the fin, ch 3, continue sl st around. break yarn and use seamless join to finish off, then attatch. I havent decided if im going to need some wire or glue like the pattern suggests to make the tail stay up, so far so good.
Another change I made was that I added 2 rows of crochet to the end of the body before you sc the end together.
row 54. sc 1, sc2tog around (8 sts)
row 55. sc around.
(then cont with pattern directions for closing the body)

The last thing I changed was the last row (row 6) in the dorsal fin. Ch 1 in between the 2 sc in the corners to make the points a bit more pointy.

No comments:

Post a Comment