pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Yeti Knits Labels

So excited about making my first labels!
 
I googled a bunch of ways on how to make your own labels at home, and I thought that this was the best way for me. I bought the sew in colorfast fabric sheets for ink jet printers (in the quilting section at Joanns). The brand I purchased is called June Tailor. The reason I chose these was because you print right onto the sheets and thats it, you dont have to transfer the image onto anything else. The directions were easy to follow, right on the back of the envelope they came in, and I think they turned out great. Another reason I picked these is because they are washable, alot of the other options didn't say you could wash them or there was a chance it would come off. The only bad thing I did read about them is that after washing the edges could fray, but there are two solutions I came up with. One you could sew the label all the way around the edges, or two you could buy glue that stops edges from fraying.

This is how they look like sewed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment